Thursday, April 2, 2015

It's Official!

So I am officially a member of the Embervale guild now, woo! My two-week trial period ended at midnight last night, and I was upgraded to Citizen. They are a great group of people and have made me feel so welcome! I keep saying that it's the guildiest guild I've ever been in; it is what I have always thought a guild would be. They have fun events, dungeon groups, outside-WoW events (movie nights, Cards Against Humanity nights, etc.). So so so glad I found them!! They are exactly what I was missing!

The dungeon leveling group I joined was supposed to start last night, but one of the members was ill so we have postponed the start date to next week. So last night some guildies wanted to do some normal Draenor dungeons and were looking for members, so I offered to go as long as they didn't mind that I (a) didn't know the fights and (b) haven't been in a dungeon in three years. I think the fact that this is my first time playing without "friends" has me a bit anxious. 

When I played before, I always had two friends that I played with, and I never really ventured into dungeons without them in my ear. 


Now I'm sort of on my own and, while I know I know what I'm doing, there's still a part of me that is so afraid of screwing up. I was a little bit stressed at first, so unsure of what I was doing, but about halfway through the first dungeon (Shadowmoon Burial Grounds), they were saying "Don't know why you were so afraid of doing dungeons; you're doing AWESOME!" and at the end of the second one, someone posted the recount in guild chat and I was #2 in dps. I think that's pretty good because I'm almost certain I'm less geared than the others (I'd have to be since most of my gear is just from apexis dailies and questing. I still have a couple of 600 pieces). The tank even said, "You can come on runs with me anytime! You were great!" Soooo...big confidence booster last night! Yay!

Wes is still playing, and it looks like he's going to stick around. He actually is liking his shaman much more than the warlock he was playing first. That's pretty cool since my main alt is a 90 enh shaman, so I can at least give him some help if he needs it:) Well. Unless he decides to heal (or tank? Can shamans tank? I don't even know!). The closest I come to tanking is vicariously through my hunter pet and healing through Mend Pet LOL! I have no problem tossing a Spirit Mend on an ally, but that's the extent of my "healing" - I'm perfectly happy just shooting things! XD

I finally finally FINALLY got my Archaeology to 700! Woo! Got some great stuff to send to my shaman too! I had no idea that archaeology dropped BoA gear, so at least once I get her through Tanaan, she'll have a decent axe or mace (I think I sent one of each to her) to start with in Draenor:) 

I also got some - er, strange? - items to display in my Trophy Room. One is a statue of an ogre holding a leatherhide bull over his head... Last night, I got "Pristine Stone Dentures"... Like I said, strange LOL! Now I need to find a decent archaeology guide and see what other neat things I can get. I think there are pets and mounts I could get, and I'm a sucker for those things especially! Fossilized raptor? Yeah, I want that BAD! My bodyguard of choice right now is Leorajh, and that's what he rides, so it would be awesome to ride around Draenor on similar mounts:) I swear, between Leo and my pet, I'm like a one-draenei army - tank (pet), healer (Leo), and damage. Woo woo!

I'm in "screenshot mode" a lot lately too, so check out my latest pics on Flickr! I love taking shots in WoW. The artwork they've put into the game can be so incredible and sometimes breathtaking! Seriously, just look at this! This is Frostfire Ridge in Draenor:) So beautiful! [click images for a larger view]



No comments:

Post a Comment